At the end of the recent PaleoFX conference in Austin, Texas last month, I was talking with one of my fellow health bloggers Laura Schoenfeld from the “Ancestralize Me” blog about my “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb” blog. She responded in a surprised tone, “Wait, you have a blog?” HA! Why yes I do and I’ve been writing at it since April 20, 2005 with 3500+ posts and counting. I guess I can’t blame her for not knowing about my blog since my three podcasts (“The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show,” “Ask The Low-Carb Experts” and “Low-Carb Conversations”) have taken off in popularity in the past couple of years.
But I’m still here doing my blogging thing too and loving the experience of connecting with you wonderful people on a daily basis. From sharing recipes, book reviews, notes from my podcasts, doing a roundtable with my low-carb expert friends on specific topics or the occasional blog post to ask questions on the hearts and minds of people in the low-carb blogosphere, this has been an extraordinary outlet for me to share with you information about healthy living for the past 7 years. Holy cow, it’s seems like just yesterday I started this blog as a way to share the life-change that happened in me as a result of livin’ la vida low-carb. And yet at the same time I’m amazed by the number of years I’ve been doing this with no signs of stopping anytime soon. It’s an honor and a privilege to serve you guys through this blog and I am grateful to you for your amazing support more than you’ll ever know. THANK YOU!
So every year during the month of April since I celebrated my one-year blogiversary in 2006, I’ve shown my appreciation for YOU by giving you a chance to win some really cool prizes. This is my 7-year Blogiversary and some of you have entered my contest every April since the beginning. Others of you are brand new readers and don’t know what this is all about. Lemme tell you–this is one of the biggest events I do at my blog every year. Prizes galore await you that I’ll be sharing full details about in the next few weeks. I always offer a special GRAND PRIZE to one lucky winner and this year I’ve got a really awesome one to share with you. Wanna see what it is? Check it out:
Oh yeah, that’s the new iPad (3rd generation), baby! It’s a hot commodity right now and I’m happy to award one as the GRAND PRIZE in my 7-Year Blogiversary Giveaway contest. The winner will get to choose the White or Black 32GB Wi-Fi model with a special engraving on the back. PLUS, we’re gonna give you a few goodies to add to your new toy, including the Nom Nom Paleo iPad Cooking app (this thing is in beta right now, but is gonna be an AWESOME recipe resource!), the e-book copy of Judy Barnes Baker’s book Nourished and my latest e-book 21 Life Lessons From Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb. Pretty cool GRAND PRIZE package huh?
Wanna see the kind of prizes I’ve given away to my readers in previous Blogiversary contests? Check out my contests in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. We’ll be sharing all the prizes available for you to win, including Paleo nutrition counseling, low-carb cookbooks, Paleo and low-carb books, low-carb condiments, protein shake mixes, and so much more, in blog posts coming soon. Check back often to see what you can win, but you can go ahead and enter to win a prize by submitting your answers to the following survey questions that I’ll use in a post next month to provide an informal update on the state of the low-carb community. This is always a fascinating snapshot of where we are as a collective. E-mail me the following information if you would like to win a prize in my 7-Year Blogiversary Giveaway and make sure you put in the subject line “BLOGIVERSARY CONTEST”:
1. Your first and last name, mailing address (no P.O. boxes please), and telephone number.
2. What is your current eating plan and how long have you been eating this way?
3. Where does your diet fall in the definition of low-carb as published in the journal Nutrition and Metabolism in 2009? LCKD, LCD, MCD or HCD?
4. Who are the top 5 trusted resources you turn to for quality information about health?
5. Do you consume “safe starches” like sweet potatoes, white potatoes and white rice as part of your nutritional plan? Why or why not? If so, what specific starchy foods do you consume?
6. What do you do for exercise? How often do you workout? How long have you been doing this routine?
7. How long have you been reading the “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb” blog? How did you find it?
8. In 2012, are/have you attending/attended any of the three major low-carb/Paleo conferences (PaleoFX in March, Low-Carb Cruise in May or Ancestral Health Symposium in August)? Which ones did/will you attend and why? If you did/will not attend, why not?
9. Have you listened to my brand new podcast “Ask The Low-Carb Experts” yet? If not, why not? If so, what do you think so far? Are there any suggested topics you’d like me to bring up?
10. How many more years do you think it will take before high-fat, low-carb nutrition is accepted and embraced as a healthy lifestyle in the United States? What needs to happen to bring about that paradigm shift in thinking?
There are no wrong answers to this survey, so share your honest feedback with me. Please send your responses to email@example.com with the subject line “BLOGIVERSARY CONTEST” no later than 11:59PM EST on Friday, April 27, 2012. Winners will be selected at random that weekend and announced on the blog on Monday, April 30, 2011. Please only one entry per household to make it fair for everyone to win a prize. We have some truly remarkable stuff for you to win this year and I’ll be sharing about those prizes with you in the coming days. Seven years…WOW! Who would have guessed I’d be doing this for so long and it feels like I’m just getting started. The best is still yet to come and I am grateful to each and every one of your for helping me make this “job” I am privileged to do a real joy. Best wishes to you as you enter to win and I look forward to celebrating my 7-year Blogiversary with you all month long!
See all the other prizes you can win in this contest:
A full list of winners will be announced on Monday, April 30, 2012!